The David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster Guitar from the Fender Custom Shop has an alder body, black or black over three-color sunburst finish, a black pickguard, a one-piece straight-grain maple neck, custom pickups, and Gilmour’s now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm.
A cornerstone of Pink Floyd’s incomparably revolutionary sound, Gilmour’s Black Strat is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island. The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create this signature model instrument, a detailed reproduction of the Black Strat-complete in its unmistakable look, sound, and feel.
The David Gilmour Signature Strat comes with a custom Fender guitar case, an Evidence high-end guitar cable and Gilmour’s three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD set.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: one-piece maple, reissue C-shaped, .790″ to .870″ taper
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25″ radius
- Frets: 21, vintage
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Nut: 1.675″
- Hardware: Vintage
- Tuning Keys: Vintage
- Bridge: Vintage Stratocaster with Custom shortened vintage tremelo arm
- Pickguard: .120″ one-ply black acrylic pickguard (exclusive to Gilmour model)
- Neck: Custom Hand-Wound Fat ’50s Strat
- Middle: Custom Wound Strat
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan SSL-5
- Pickup Switching: Startocaster five-way switch with two-way toggle that adds activates
- neck pickup to the middle and bridge positions
- Controls: Standard Stratocaster
- Volume, Tone, Tone arrangement
- Strings: GHS David Gilmour Signature Boomer Strings
- Unique Features: Special three-beveled vintage tremolo block, custom
- shortened vintage tremolo arm, two-way toggle activates
- neck pickup in the middle and bridge positions
- Incuded Accessories
- Case: Special center pocket black Tolex case with crushed
- green lining, “David Gilmour” embroidered on interior
- Evidence Audio guitar cable